Content and ad removal requests on Ecosia
At Ecosia, we work with a range of search providers to deliver search results and ads to our users. This article explains how to report inappropriate content, advertisements or submit a request for personal information to be removed by our search partners.
In this article you can find:
Submit a request to remove personal information
As Ecosia’s results originate from Google and Microsoft, we do not have the ability to remove organic search results. As content removal requests are handled by our search partners, you will need to request removal with them.
- For Google, you can request personal content to be removed in line with GDPR here.
- For Bing, personal content can be reported here. If you are an EU resident and would like to report search results directly related to you, please submit your request via this form.
Please note that Ecosia does not control the content that websites publish. To make sure content is removed from search results, your best option is to contact the webmaster for the website that published the content and request that it be deleted or removed. Even if Ecosia removes the URL from search results, it will continue to exist and can be discovered by going directly to the web address until the webmaster or website removes the content.
- A website's contact info is often located on the website itself.
- You can look up a website's domain provider through services like WhoIs.net.
Report inappropriate organic search content
Organic search content are results displayed on the results page and which are not clearly marked as advertisements. If you have encountered an inappropriate organic search result please report directly to the relevant search provider.
- For Google, please report inappropriate content via this link.
- For Bing, please report inappropriate content via this link.
Report ads on Ecosia
Advertisements on Ecosia are clearly highlighted with an ‘Ad’ icon. You can report advertisement directly to us by hovering over the “Ad” icon and selecting “Report this ad”
Our ads are provided by our search partners. If the ad also appears on Google or Bing you can report directly to them:
Report copyright infringement
To report copyright infringement you can submit a request to our search partners for removal.
- For Google, report copyright infringement to Google here.
- For Bing, report copyright infringement to Bing here.
Report inaccurate information on Ecosia
Besides organic search results and advertisements at Ecosia, we display information including data from 3rd party sources within our results page. If we do, the data source is displayed below. Depending on the source we are able to support you or you can reach out directly to the data provider to request adjustments.