Ecosia has a range of settings that can help improve your search experience.
In this article you will find:
How to access your Ecosia settings
Go to the menu icon on the top right of the Ecosia homepage and select Settings.
Alternatively, you can select Settings from underneath the search bar.
Ecosia’s settings are saved using a browser cookie. If you clear your browser’s internet cookies you may need to go back into Ecosia’s settings and choose the options you want.
Customize your Ecosia settings
The following settings can be changed within Ecosia:
This setting controls the region that your search results will come from. To ensure that you receive results relevant to your location, we advise setting this option to your current location, or the region you would like results for.
We aim to offer a wider range of search regions so that our users around the world can find what they are looking for on Ecosia.
Changing this setting will alter the language of the Ecosia website. Please note that your search results will still be provided from the search region you have selected in the previous setting.
We aim to offer a wider range of languages so that our users around the world can use Ecosia in their language.
When set to “strict” or “moderate”, this setting filters out adult content from search results.
Ecosia is automatically set to either the light or the dark mode, according to your browser settings.
However, you can choose which mode you’d like to use Ecosia on and can switch between light and dark mode any time.
Select this option if you want searches from your browser's address bar to open a new tab.
Select this option if you want the search bar to automatically give you search suggestions as you are typing.
Personalized search results
Select this option if you would like to receive more relevant results based on your past search activity on Ecosia.
Users that wish to have a more privacy-lean option should leave this result unticked.
Select this option to keep up to date with news about your trees.
Save your Ecosia settings permanently
- Manage your cookies on Chrome
- Manage your cookies on Edge
- Manage Cookies on Firefox
- Manage your cookies on Brave
- Manage your cookies on Vivaldi
- Open the settings of your browser, go to the section about cookies and history (usually in advanced settings) and choose manage exceptions.
- Add https://ecosia.org in the empty field on the left and save or click or done.
- Go to your Ecosia settings in the Ecosia Menu in the top right corner and choose your preferred settings.
- Click save, to permanently save your Ecosia settings!