How to refer Ecosia to a friend? (iOS only)
This feature is currently available exclusively for iOS devices and may not be accessible to all Ecosia users. We are working towards extending this feature to more users and devices in the future.
Inviting your friends to Ecosia
It's simple to invite friends to Ecosia. Just follow these three steps:
- Open your Ecosia app on iOS (ensure that you have the latest app version).
- Tap the invite friends option.
Share the invite message via email or your preferred messaging app. You can customize the message, but please refrain from altering the installation links.
If you receive an invite
If you receive an invite from a friend, here's what you should do:
- Open the installation link sent by your friend or search for Ecosia on the App Store.
- Install Ecosia on your iPhone or iPad.
- After installation, open the link your friend sent to claim your tree.
Congratulations! You and your friend have contributed to planting more trees in crucial biodiversity hotspots.
Number of trees per invitation
You and your friend will get one tree each. This is an estimated number, and it might change in the future, as costs related to our tree-planting projects can vary over time. There is no limit on how many friends you can invite to Ecosia or trees you could help us plant.
Issues with personal counter
If you have sent invitations to your friends but don't see any trees being counted, there might be two reasons:
- Your friend has yet to install Ecosia on iOS. Trees are awarded once Ecosia has been successfully installed on their iPhone or iPad. We are striving to extend our program to other platforms and devices.
- Your friend has installed Ecosia on iOS but has not claimed their tree. Ensure that your friend uses the provided link in the invitation message to claim their reward after installing Ecosia.
If you are still experiencing issues, send us a message at email@example.com.